City of Falls Church, VA

Falls Church Logo.png
When is a Land Disturbance Permit required in the City of Falls Church, VA? 

Any project in the City of Falls Church, Virginia involving land disturbance equal to or greater than 2,500 square feet will require a land disturbance permit issued by the City of Falls Church.

What type of Civil Engineering Plan do I need in the City of Falls Church, VA?

A typical project will require a site plan package containing the following plans: 


  • Existing Conditions Plan (This survey plan provides the basis for the engineering plans to be designed upon.)

  • Demolition Plan (Any existing features to be removed). 

  • Erosion & Sediment Control Plan​ (To prevent control any sediment from leaving your project). 

  • Landscape Conservation Plan (To protect any mature trees on your property and project a minimum canopy coverage as required). 

  • Stormwater Management Plan (Any increase in impervious area must be accounted for so that the post-development condition of your site does not generate more rainfall runoff than the pre-developed conditions.)

  • Responsible Land Disturber (RLD) Certificate (To be provided by the builder, contractor, or homeowner). For more information on how to obtain this certificate, please visit the Virginia DEQ Website


Contact us today to talk about your Civil Engineering project in the City of Falls Church, Virginia. 

Phone:  (703) 214-7220


Need help on a project in a different area? 

Click a button below to read about our other service areas.