City of Fairfax, VA

City of Fairfax Seal
When is a Land Disturbance Permit required in the City of Fairfax, VA? 

Any project in the City of Fairfax, Virginia involving land disturbance equal to or greater than 2,500 square feet will require a land disturbance permit issued by the City of Fairfax.

What type of construction permit is required in the City of Fairfax, VA?

The City of Fairfax divides their land development permits into two general land disturbance permit categories; Residential and Commercial/Industrial Improvements. 

Residential Land Disturbing

  • New Homes

  • Additions and Building Projections

  • Walls requiring a Building Permit

  • Carports

  • Private outdoor recreation structures

Commercial Land Disturbing

  • Building construction and/or modification

  • Parking Lot Restriping

  • Vehicular access modifications

  • Pavement improvements

  • Fences & Walls

  • Dumpster Enclosures

  • Site Lighting


Contact us today to talk about your Civil Engineering project in the City of Fairfax, Virginia. 

Phone:  (703) 214-7220


Need help on a project in a different area? 

Click a button below to read about our other service areas.